Tŷ-Jia is an English as a second language (ESL) school, founded in 2015. We teach everyone whose home language (mother tongue) is not English. We can’t wait to meet you and help you achieve your goals!
Jayne Soh (Founder and Head Teacher)
Jayne was born and educated in the UK and has been a teacher for over 20 years. She has taught in primary and secondary schools (government, international and private) in Germany, Japan and Singapore. At Tŷ-Jia we are firm believers in professional development, so in addition to teaching others, you will always find our teachers learning something themselves! At the moment, Jayne is studying to train teachers in Dip. TESOL.
- Qualified Primary School (K-6) Teacher
- Master’s Degree in Teaching (CSU, Australia)
- Bachelor’s Degree in Languages (Leicester, UK)
- Teaching English to Speakers of Other Languages (TESOL) in the Mainstream Classroom (TESMC) Teacher Trainer
- Certificate of Educational Technology and Information Literacy (COETAIL)
Jayne's family and hobbies
Jayne has a well-educated, friendly, international family. Her husband is a lawyer and her son is a primary school student. They believe in lifelong-learning and love meeting new people, welcoming new students and learning from each other. Jayne also loves to spend time outdoors. She and her family have friends from all over the world and we have two home stay students living with them - one from from Indonesia and one from China.